Experience and Educational Background
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 8 years of mechanical experience is required.
- NYC Refrigeration License preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess the strength and dexterity needed to perform the job and the physical ability to move equipment as necessary;
- Must adhere to operational safety rules and regulations as deemed by the College;
- Must be able to follow directives and possess good communication skills and ability to interact with building/office occupants effectively;
- Speaks to clients and colleagues in a respectful and thoughtful manner;
- Collaborates with others to promote university services and resources to meet the needs of the students, employees, and the community;
- Conducts activities in a trustworthy and dependable manner;
- Sets high personal performance standards for quality and evaluates service against those standards;
- Effectively structures actions to achieve objectives;
- May be subject to oral and actual testing of the on systems and component startup, shutdown, and trouble-shooting;
- Must be able to work independently.
Hours of position: Sunday –Monday- 8am-4pm Thursday & Friday-8am-4pm
Days off-Tuesday and Wednesday