Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serv
The HR project coordinator provides a variety of responsible, confidential and complex administrative duties for the Vice President of Human Resources requiring a high degree of independent judgment and initiative. The HR Project Coordinator provides support services to the Vice President of Human Resources in the areas of administrative coordination, budget management, research, metrics, event planning, labor relations/negotiations and diversity.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience;
· 5+ years experience supporting at the executive level;
· Successful candidate will possess excellent writing skills and the ability to submit writing samples is required.
· Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs;
· Must have ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient; a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role;
· Must possess expert level of written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, analytical skills and attention to detail are equally important;
· Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive and committee meetings;
· Experience assisting with the creation of PowerPoint presentations;
· Must be proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and possess the ability to quickly learn new systems;
· Prefer experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes and demonstrated creativity and commitment to improving programs and events.