Experience and Educational Background – List both the minimum requirement for hire (degrees, licenses, years of experience) and the preferred or optimal background to succeed in this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Biology/Mathematics or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in software development and bioinformatics,
- Expertise in the development of informatics based systems utilizing Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, .net and Sharepoint.
Skills and Competencies – Describe the critical skills and proficiencies necessary to succeed in this position (e.g., technical skills, communication / writing skills, etc).
- Programming Languages: Java, SQL, C#, HTML, CSS, PHP, .NET, SAS, VBA
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL
- Mobile Development: Android
- Tools: Eclipse, Android Studio, Visual Studio, Active Directory, GitHub, Junit Testing
- Ability to evaluate business needs, interact and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate
- Excellent communications skills including superior writing skills, and oral and visual presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, adjust priorities and handle new requirements as they arise
- Ability to keep all parties regularly involved in all relevant decision making and abreast of changes to deliverables and project schedules
- Experience in the use of Extract, Translation, Load tools such as SQL-Server Integration Services (SSIS) a plus